Thursday, June 23, 2016

About mid term evaulation of GSoC

1. Planned progress vs. real progress according to the original project plan.

> planned progress for mid term is to show demo executing rtems as jailhouse "inmate" on x86 with appropriate tutorial to guide users.

> real progress
write tutorials how to build jailhouse, how to execute jailhouse cell and how to build patched rtems for jailhouse.
Next step is to execute rtems as jailhouse "imate". I should write a config file for rtems about executing jailhouse cell.
  
2. In case there is a divergence from planned/real, then what are the reasons?
A config file is needed to execute rtems as jailhouse "inmate".
When I started the project, mentor said that he was collecting materials about existed rtems demo. But after building rtems and jailhouse, I need to write a config file for rtems demo.

3. Updated plan for the second half of the GSoC period.
There is little difference but planned progress would be completed at the end.

4. Code produced so far.
Not thing. But I completed patching rtems by mentor's patch files.

5. What are the current blocking points?
I am studying about how rtems boots for writing a config file.

6. What is realistic to achieve finally?
As I suggested, I will also show RTEMS demo as jailhouse "inmate" on arm and write a documentation for users.

7. Which external help do you expect.
To execute jailhouse on arm, I need a bananaPi board. could you support about buying bananaPi board?

No comments:

Post a Comment